Monday, February 13, 2006

Time Goes By

You know what? I stink at time mamagement. I should have enough hours in the day to keep the house clean, play with the little guy, feed him, change him, etc., get some rest, cook, work on my blog, and spend time with the hubby. That's the problem with 'should', though. I don't think I've ever gotten everything done that I wanted to or thought that I 'should' in a day. And I think that's OK. There are too many 'shoulds' out there. I don't need to put any more on myself.

I'm going to keep trying, of course. And some days I'll probably be too hard on myself for not getting everything done, or not getting the right things done. I'm going to try to be easier on myself, though. Life (and babyhood) are too short and too precious to worry about that dust bunny in the corner.

As for the blog... I'll keep working on it. It might not be as polished as I would like, and maybe I'll only have the time (or the mental capacity) to post a thought of the day sometimes. Here's one:

I think I understand why mothers used to rub brandy on their babies' gums when they were teething. Not only could it provide relief for the cranky infant, but also for the cranky mother. "There's one for you... and one for me. One for you... and two for me. *HIC!*" Much better!

On another topic: I can eat chocolate again! I'm not going nuts with it (actually, I'm not a fan of chocolate with nuts, anyway), but I can have a treat now and then without giving my little guy gas attacks. Mmmmm... chocolate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there mama cat!!!! Good for you on the chocolate thing!!!! You must have gotten the dislike for nuts in it from your mom....I always felt like our family had enough nuts in it without digesting more!